What to Know
This is a surgical procedure that is done to reduce the effect of aging face and to provide younger appearance to the face. It is also called face lifting, because it removes wrinkles by tightening the tissues under the skin and removes the excess.
It is important to note that facelift does not stop the process of aging, but it helps in hiding the visible signs that arise from it.
During the procedure, part of the skin on each side of the face is pulled back to return the contour of the face to younger shape. This operation can be performed solely or in combination with other techniques and procedures.
This surgery can be done if any of the following is present:
- Relaxation of the skin of the face causing sagging
- Deepening of the fold lines between the nose and corner of the mouth
- Fat that has fallen or has disappeared
- Jowls developing in the cheeks and jaw
- Loose skin and excess fat of the neck that can appear as a double chin or “turkey neck”